ideas!

Please list any ideas you would like to see us work on. We are always looking for ways to improve the shard.

ideas!

Postby Mr Merch » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:03 pm

here's some ideas:

1. have a message when you eat magic food so we know we ate them like: you eat the magical fruit, filling your hunger for a week!

2. get rid of age caps so everyone can have 1200/300 skill & stat caps making it even across all character templates.

3. stop doing daily moonlights..

4. stop hiring more staff with the current player base.

5. upgrade pol.

6. why isnt theres more updates on the website? it looks dead. fix it.

7. change daily rewards from shitty items and put Kudoz points in, like log in a get 1 kudoz per daily log in. its something worth logging in for.

8. fix all this stuff that needs fixing.

9. stop putting new stuff in that doesnt work.

10. Skywalker for president!
Mr Merch
Adept

Re: ideas!

Postby hobbs » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:38 pm

hobbs
Apprentice

Postby Mr Merch » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 am

also why do bankers only make 1 million checks, i thought they made 5million? fix plox

also this: http://neverlandsphoenix.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2345
Mr Merch
Adept

Postby Damien » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 am

1. Player-cooked food that makes stable hunger last longer exists? Thats cool.

2. I disagree regarding the age caps. It's something nice to strive for. AFK macroing is partly allowed, so its not impossible to reach those goals. It also keeps the online-player count up (eventho some will AFK). It looks better with more online players if new people are interresting in joining the shard.

3. I don't think an POL upgrade would change much. The shard is quite stable, right? Never crashed since I started.

4. I definately agree regarding an active website. The first thing a new potential player sees is the website. Lets keep it active, why would anyone join a shard which looks dead?

Other ideas:

Increase start gold
First of all. This small playerbase brings a lot of good things aswell. I had a very warm welcome by Huskarl, Ergoth, EuforiA among others which provided me with some starting goal. As we all know, if you new to Ultima Online or even a new shard, the most difficult part is the beginning. You start with very little gold. Maybe increase the start gold to 3k so you can atleast vendor train all skills you want?

Embrace the potential of the website. Show what makes Neverlands unique
Highlight the unique stuff about Neverlands on the website. Maybe even include some images/links explaining Neverlands cool features. I always loved the jewel-making, t-hunting, broken rares, slayer quests, merchant quests among other stuff.
Damien
Neophyte

Postby Mr Merch » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am

also take out or half the requirements of all materials to build houses/boats
Mr Merch
Adept

Postby Frans » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 am

Mr Merch wrote:here's some ideas:

1. have a message when you eat magic food so we know we ate them like: you eat the magical fruit, filling your hunger for a week!

Ok a simple message, something important to put on top of the list? Nah, just a quality of life thing.
Mr Merch wrote:2. get rid of age caps so everyone can have 1200/300 skill & stat caps making it even across all character templates.

The change about this is that it is already made accountage, it used to be all playerage, remember? Maybe lower the age requirement, but not give them all of the skill and stat cap from the beginning. You can compare this to progression of WoW or Aion, where levels and skills get raised on how much time you've spent, not from the beginning. A progression system in the game that Ultima Online is lacking.
Mr Merch wrote:3. stop doing daily moonlights..

They already stopped doing this.
Mr Merch wrote:4. stop hiring more staff with the current player base.

But more staff means more changes that can be done, suggesting to change mount spawns each month or 2? Dedicate a staffmember to do so.And to go any further than this, host an event with hints & tips on how to find these. And post these on website/forum.
Mr Merch wrote:5. upgrade pol.

Highly doubt this will happen. It has been tried before but too many people didn't like it and that's the main reason it will not go through.
Mr Merch wrote:6. why isnt theres more updates on the website? it looks dead. fix it.

If there's no update there's no update. New staff, sure someone might've forgotten to post these. I'm also missing some quests in the library but I'll have to know more information about those because I don't know if chad wants to continue with the keys quest and I don't know alot about the ruined quest either, if only the person who made this ruined quest had written down on how it works somewhere I could copy/paste that stuff.
Mr Merch wrote:7. change daily rewards from shitty items and put Kudoz points in, like log in a get 1 kudoz per daily log in. its something worth logging in for.

I had suggested this before in staff forum, a whole new revamp of the kudoz and items collected from it. Here's the full suggestion:
1. Foreword
I believe the .mykudoz command was added to have helpful players get rewarded by reporting bugs and helping staff testing their new stuff.
However, I've seen a lot of people with Endless Bags of Gold and Neon Hair Dye's from when Sendogg took the shard over.
I believe and heard they (the staff) gave out kudoz in basically every event they did. But there's none given out now anymore which makes it unfair (imo) to other players unable to get these items anymore.
I want to change this. With the following suggestions:

2. Suggestions ((These are my suggestions, if you don't like the numbers or something it can be changed))
  1. Improve the item list into tiers, where as the first one is easy to get with easy and simple rewards, to the last one being the most expensive and gamechanging rewards
  2. Give out kudoz more often during events
  3. Item/Gold sink for kudoz
  4. Kudoz to the person who last hit a boss in a dungeon

2.1 Improve the item list into tiers
Where as the first one is easy to get with easy and simple rewards, to the last one being the most expensive and gamechanging rewards
  • Tier 1 - 10 kudoz - Lvl 1 rares*
  • Tier 2 - 20 kudoz - Lvl 2 rares*
  • Tier 3 - 35 kudoz - Lvl 3 rares*
  • Tier 4 - 50 kudoz - Lvl 4 rares*
  • TIer 5 - 75 kudoz - Lvl 5 rares*
  • Tier 6 - 85 kudoz - Decoration (bear rug, water barrel, boxed flowers etc, (I believe the chamber from keys also have a chance to drop these))
  • Tier 7 - 100 kudoz - Neon hair dye, endless sack of gold, bless scroll, remove all kill counts thing, random colored blessed spellbook (ruined quest)
  • Tier 8 - 150 kudoz - Dwarf bow
*The rares could be randomly picked and not a sure pick domino tile

2.2 Give out kudoz more often during events
Give out 1 to each person who enters the tournament flame for showing up. 5 more to the 1st, 3 more to 2nd and 1 more to third in event. Now you don't even need to give out a coloured monster trophy to winner either.

2.3 Item/Gold sink for kudoz
This will reward the player for handing in their hoarded items. A system where players can turn in their gold or rares they don't use or hardly sell...
  • Turning in rares give you half the kudoz the kudoz list sell them for (example lvl 1 rare gives the person 5 kudoz after turning it in)
  • 100k cash is 1 kudo.

2.4 Kudoz to the person who last hit a boss in a dungeon
Depending on the difficulty of the dungeon (which I suggested in this post), the amount of kudoz could be given to the person who last hit it.
  • Easiest = 1
  • Easy = 2
  • Medium = 3
  • Hard = 4
  • Hardest = 5

3.0 Pros and cons
Now let's talk about the pros and cons of this.
Pros:
  • 2.1 More options means there is something in the list people want, meaning more will use it.
  • 2.2 During the time of Sendogg, people had more chance to get something off the kudoz list, but it is nearly impossible to get a Hair dye now for example.
  • 2.3 The turning in system to get kudoz is a great item sink. I know I've a bag full of shrooms I don't like but I still keep somehow because it is a rare from treasure hunting. Other people have hundreds of 1 million checks (obviously since the shard has been up for years and no wipe was done).
  • 2.4 Gives PvMers some encouragement to do the dungeons as well as just simply giving the PvMers chance to get that dwarf bow they wanted, or that nice decoration.
Cons:
  • 2.1 The prices for rares might start to fluctuate because of this. A random lvl 1 rare for 10 kudoz might give the person a Domino Tile which is around 3m nowadays compared to the useless Shroom no one buys. The dwarf bow can be gotten for quite a lot, but is still accessable now to people who don't go through the Shame dungeon to farm for it.
  • 2.4 PvMers getting a chance to get that Dwarf bow which they want without going to Shame to hunt for it. It is either a pro or a con the way you look at it. I want people to have a chance to get what they want. Some of you might not think that way.

4.0 Conclusion
As I can not figure out any more cons than there are pros, I would say go for it. This is one great way for an item/money sink. 200 kudoz * 100k cash = 20m for a dwarf bow. Or item count will be lower because of the useless rare inside that bag from lvl 1's will be handed over for half the kudoz the system would sell them for... Only to use 2 useless rares to get a shot for that Domino rare!

I could've missed something what I did not think about or that numbers are wrong and should be tweaked. But as a player I believe this, what I've written down here over the last week, is true to every player and they would want this to happen as well. People probably don't even know that .mykudoz exists!

So, discussion is open.

Mr Merch wrote:8. fix all this stuff that needs fixing.

Examples please.
Mr Merch wrote:9. stop putting new stuff in that doesnt work.

Examples please.
Mr Merch wrote:10. Skywalker for president!

Nah eat a dick.
Frans
Comunity Manager

Postby Mr Merch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:12 am

i cant believe you dont want me to be president Frans :(

ok so my reply is, lets make babies....

The Kudoz:

Do not put rares in it, thats what t-hunting is for. stop finding ways to make it easier for everyone to get rares without the work involved. i also never gave out more then 5 kudoz at a time. The hair dyes were duped by players and fixed. the endless bag of coins were put in some reward system from an event like halloween i believe, not by me. not sure why you think it was me but ok.

Gold sinks would be great, like a UO shop that sells items like decorations you cant get anywhere else. like bar pieces for example. go to a vendor and sell items for a lot of gold. 1 piece of bar = 1million gold. i may even make it on a test server and record it so people can see exactly what i mean.

Kudoz was going to be given from dungeon bosses so im not sure why it didnt go in, maybe it wasnt able to be done?
Mr Merch
Adept

Postby Frans » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Mr Merch wrote:Do not put rares in it, thats what t-hunting is for. stop finding ways to make it easier for everyone to get rares without the work involved.

Moonlight event, gives out rares too, and you seem to forget that most people thunt for the huge amount of gems in higher levels of thunts. And it's still a gamble, random rare, not one you can choose from.
Or can you come up with something else that can be given out instead?

Mr Merch wrote:i also never gave out more then 5 kudoz at a time. The hair dyes were duped by players and fixed. the endless bag of coins were put in some reward system from an event like halloween i believe, not by me. not sure why you think it was me but ok.

Wew lad, no need to get into the defense position. This was just reasoning from my point of view as to what happened. And is it not true? The items given out when you took over the shard aren't given out anymore. So this is a chance to get it to all players, no?

Mr Merch wrote:Gold sinks would be great, like a UO shop that sells items like decorations you cant get anywhere else. like bar pieces for example. go to a vendor and sell items for a lot of gold. 1 piece of bar = 1million gold. i may even make it on a test server and record it so people can see exactly what i mean.

We've been talking about those gambe slots and what not.

Mr Merch wrote:Kudoz was going to be given from dungeon bosses so im not sure why it didnt go in, maybe it wasnt able to be done?

Wait, isn't this in already or was that the test shard? Hm.

Because it's easier to have this added already than readjusting the mykudoz system, and then there is the issue with what has to be in there exactly as reward. With proper reason and criticism as to why or why not. And let's not froget that chad is old and had other things to do than doing these things.
Frans
Comunity Manager

Return to Ideas