Background / Logo for New website

Rules/Events/Tournaments

Background / Logo for New website

Postby LobO » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello, neverlands this time, we are looking the help from everyone in here, We are working on a new website that will need a fresh neverlands background and a nice logo, that define who we are. So will be so nice if we can get from you all, good ideas and why not some good designs, it's like a collaboration between us.

We will be really happy to see your imagination.

Thanks
Neverlands Phoenix Staff Team.
LobO
Administrator

Re: Background / Logo for New website

Postby unk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:19 pm

what size for the logo?
unk
Expert

Postby LobO » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:29 pm

unk wrote:what size for the logo?

Right now I don't have a clear idea of wich exactly size will I need for it, but I'm open mind about all your examples.
LobO
Administrator

Postby Black Spike » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Sounds interesting. What is the neverlands feeling, what defines who we are? (this is not a question for only LobO for for everyone to get some inspiration)
Black Spike
Journeyman

Postby LobO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Black Spike wrote:Sounds interesting. What is the neverlands feeling, what defines who we are? (this is not a question for only LobO for for everyone to get some inspiration)

thanks a lot, for sure it will help
LobO
Administrator

Postby unk » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:58 pm

this is probably my favourite image from any Ultima, it reminds me of old UO renaissance and old NL. You could work this into the theme

To be honest, the site needs more than just a facelift, it needs attention from staff. there are so many useless/unnecessary things on the site that it just looks like crap. If it wasn't for the fact that i knew about NL before, I would have avoided this shard just because from the site it looks like no attention/care is put into the server. you should have someone who actually speaks and WRITES good english(not that mine is great or anything) to do the site. look at the update page for example, like every sentence is separated by "........", very little care actually given to how things are written or how you're even saying things/laying them out on the page. That is a common theme among the whole site. How can possible new players take the shard seriously if you can't bother to make things presentable? If you don't have the time/interest to develop the site(which apparently staff don't, because it takes months for anything to happen here), maybe you should take applications and hire a new staff with experience with websites to work on it.

I heard a while back that the guild status pages was an easy fix, months later it is still broken.. since joining here I have noticed things move very slowly on the staff side of things, rarely seeing replies to criticism/ideas on the forums, and it is frustrating because most of the players just want to see the shard improve, but it feels like staff are either just not interested or not up to it. I know this is a free server so maybe i shouldn't complain, but if you are going to bother hosting a shard you should invest the time and do it well, and if you don't have time maybe you shouldn't be doing it

anyway, i'm not very great at editing images but i can try and work on something to get ideas going. cheers
unk
Expert

Postby LobO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Unk, thanks for your thoughts, in fact, a lot of them are 100% true and i just can apologize for our team to all players. I will consider all your ideas and suggestions because i think are very important.

Thanks.

Also yes if you can help us with the images i would be so grateful.
LobO
Administrator

Postby unk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:52 am

I was messing around with a forum theme that i think turned out okay. I found the same font you guys use on the main site, its called "Avatar", so I used that to keep the same look. used the image that I posted above. could maybe be a decent idea for a new forum, because I find the current one is quite ugly and let's face it, its from world of warcraft :lol:

http://neverlands.podserver.info/

could still use some work on certain things but you get the idea. wasn't trying to be an ass on my last post but you can see I managed to do a decent job and i'm not great with photoshop or anything and don't have a huge knowledge of websites. I did this in one evening while hungover, what is stopping you guys? :P
unk
Expert

Postby LobO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:30 am

unk wrote:I was messing around with a forum theme that i think turned out okay. I found the same font you guys use on the main site, its called "Avatar", so I used that to keep the same look. used the image that I posted above. could maybe be a decent idea for a new forum, because I find the current one is quite ugly and let's face it, its from world of warcraft :lol:

http://neverlands.podserver.info/

could still use some work on certain things but you get the idea. wasn't trying to be an ass on my last post but you can see I managed to do a decent job and i'm not great with photoshop or anything and don't have a huge knowledge of websites. I did this in one evening while hungover, what is stopping you guys? :P

hehe thats really nice.. i like it.. actually the one we have in forums isnt that bad.. but i like yours a lot.. so maybe we will put it here!! lets see..

Thanks a lot once again
LobO
Administrator

Postby Black Spike » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:30 pm

@ unk, i also love that img.

For me its is nostalgia. But it is hard to put that into images.
If I talk about nostalgia I’m talking about things like this.
Website from 2001, man rember when u created your account and had to wait 1 week for them to activade it?:P

website from 2007

The websites are old and outdated but it would be awesome to put some of the feeling in it again.
If I think of something more ill post it
Black Spike
Journeyman

Next

Return to Latest Info